Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Benefits of righteous children

The Prophet (salla lahu alayhi wa sallam) is reported to have said, "When a son of Adam passes away, he is cut off from his deeds except for three things: a current or perpetual charity, good knowledge that benefits someone, and a righteous child who makes du`aa' (supplication) for him."

A man approached the Prophet, asking, "Is there anything I must do in terms of kindness towards my parents after their death?" The Prophet replied, "Yes, there are four things for you to do: Praying and asking forgiveness of Allah on their behalf, fulfilling their promises, respecting their friends, and fostering their ties of kinship…" (Al-Bukhari in Al-Adab Al-Mufrad)

1 comment:

  1. I dedicate this post to my children. May Allah bless them, protect them, guide them and make them righteous Muslims so that they may pray for me after my death. Ameen!

    ReplyDelete