Monday, December 14, 2009

"My mother never hit me, not once!"

I once worked with a man & his dying mother. She was in her 90's & was an unresponsive hospice patient. He was a very healthy 74 year old if he would've told me he was 34 I would have believed him. Anyway I'll never forget the life lesson's I learned from that experience & I just wanna share some of what he said. He said that he had the option of leaving his mother in the care of others but how could he when she was such an excellent mother to him. He was her only child & he said "She never hit me, not once!! ever!! & this is all the sacrifice I can do for her." He said it several times & when he did he pointed up with his index finger with teary eyes. "He said she never hit me not even once in my entire life!!" He was the gentlest man I'd ever met.

No comments:

Post a Comment