Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Dream before my Shahadah

In about April 2000, I took shahadah. I don't remember precise dates, but approximately 2 months before that day, I had an inspiring dream. The funny thing about it was that it wasn't your average dream. It was more like a vision because there was no sound or action, but it was a dream because I was in deep sleep.

I saw myself covered in Muslimah clothing & I was standing alone on high ground, as if it were a pulpit, or stage, or what have you. I had an audience and my audience was a room full of Muslimah women. Their faces were bright as if white, and they had light coming from their faces and hands. It was a bright dream and I felt as if I was an Islamic Princess. *sigh, subanallah*



I'd awaken feeling very content, excited; anxious to know it's meaning. It was the happiest I had ever awaken from a dream. I then found that Fatimah, my friend's mother, was up and ironing (Fajr time). She was startled by my being up so early & even more surprised to see my mood. After I told her the dream, she smirked and said silently, "Oh, that's a nice dream." She didn't want to wake anyone, also she was busy getting ready for work.

She from time to time, prior to the dream, would call me & invite me to take shahadah, but I would say "No" in meekness. I didn't want anyone to think I was doing it "to be down". Then one day she did not let my silence & shyness overcome me, She just started saying the shahadah and asked me to repeat after her and I did, I said, "La illaha illa lah Muhammedur Rasullulah".

When it was done we began to cry & hug eachother in joy. There was a sense of relief for the both of us. I felt so light. I felt as if I was floating on air. I didn't expect to feel that good. I knew then, that I never wanted to loose that feeling. It was then that I knew I would be Muslimah forever, inshallah.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like a beautiful start to a new life, such a wonderful story. I've never had a dream like that or even someone in my life to mentor me in my faith, its always been just me. Tho, I do think I know what you mean as I have had moments when I felt the way you described, I just don't ever know why or if I ever will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salamualaikum sis,

    MasyaAllah, you had the most beautiful dreams. I never hd dreams like that. Mine is always nightmares. Talk about my life =D. Alhamdulillah sis that is nice. Maybe you can write about your journey to Islam and all. I love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. masyaALLAH sis, your story is very touching...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Masha alha akhti,ur shada story is very touching.This would be the biggest blessing in one's life ..alhamdullah :)
    and may allha send u more blessing insha llha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ameen Akhi & May Allah give you more blessing's. Ameen

    ReplyDelete