Saturday, July 11, 2009

Living the fast paced life; can I have just 1 minute of your time?

Today I'm thinking how I was ungrateful for some good times, times when I should have been reaping benefit. Sometimes we ask Allah for ease & He gives it to us, but we are to sinful & heedless to even notice it. May Allah forgive me & us.

Wisdom has no age. I seem to be the type who get's wiser with living & age, but I learned that it's only because of not being mindful. Everyone is different, that's for sure, but when your moving to fast, it's almost like your mind doesn't know how to keep up with this fast paced life. It doesn't matter how smart you are. You are human first, and only Allah can sustain all of life without rest. We need to slow down, rest & focus.

A simple life is so much better, as human's we know this (most of us) but we get wrapped up & let ourselves become a slave to worldly matters, a slave to work, to money, to man, to addictions: now I don't want to ramble on so I'll just say it, STOP! slow down, breathe... Now doesn't that feel so good. Take a long vacation, a peaceful one, & think. Think about simplicity.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, this is what I'm feeling rite now. I really need a long vacation. Sumwhere out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am constantly thinking about this. One of the biggest problems I have with my job is the fact that I have very little chance to do exactly what you suggest, to stop and breathe. I am constantly fighting against forces above me and below me & I know this year is going to be just as bad and I'm dreading it.

    ReplyDelete